What are GoGet's Extenuating Circumstances?
GoGet has very strict cancellation policies. However, we do understand that at times, certain circumstances outside of an owner or renter's control can impact their ability to meet the terms of a booking.
In rare instances, if GoGet determines that a Renter's reason for cancellation falls within GoGet's extenuating circumstances parameters, GoGet may waive the renter cancellation penalties outlined in GoGet's cancellation policy and make refund decisions. If GoGet determines that an Owner's reason for cancellation falls within GoGet's extenuating circumstances parameters, GoGet may waive the owner cancellation penalties outlined in GoGet's cancellation policy.
What might be covered?
Valid extenuating circumstances include:
If you need to make a claim
- Unexpected death or serious illness of an owner, renter or immediate family member
- Serious injury that directly restricts a renter's ability to rent or an owner's ability to facilitate a rental
- Significant natural disasters or severe weather incidents impacting the location of destination or location of departure
- Urgent travel restrictions or severe security advisories issued after the time of booking, by an appropriate national or international authority (such as a government office or department)
- Endemic disease declared by a credible national or international authority (such as the World Health Organization)
- Severe gear damage or unforeseen maintenance issues that directly impact the ability to facilitate a rental safely
- Government-mandated obligations issued after the time of booking
Claims can only be considered after a booking has been cancelled. Once you have informed your owner or renter and cancelled a booking, if you feel that your reason for cancellation is covered by GoGet's extenuating circumstances parameters, contact GoGet for consideration. We generally require valid supporting documentation.
Thanks! We'll use your feedback to improve our articles.