This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our site and
Services and upload content. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site
Your use of our site and Services means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this
acceptable use policy, which supplement our
Terms of Service
1. INTERACTIVE SERVICES
- We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site and Services.
- Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind
of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is
human or technical).
- We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from
third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each
case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of
moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee,
monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our
liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in
contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
- Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting
the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
2. UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE OR SOCIAL NETWORK SITES
- Whenever you upload content (including but not limited to textual, visual - or audio content and
information, User rating of Owner or party renting or feedback related to the Services, or support
requests) ("User Content") to our site, or to make contact with other Users of our site, you must
comply with the content standards set out be paragraph 3 below.
- You represent and warrant that:
- You either are the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content or you have all
rights, licenses, consents and releases necessary to grant Us the license to the User Content as set
- neither the User Content nor your submission, uploading, publishing or otherwise
making available of such User Content nor Our use of the User Content as permitted herein will
infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party's intellectual property or proprietary rights, or
rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us
and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or
damage we or any third party suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- You retain all of your ownership rights in your content. However, by providing User Content to Us,
you grant Us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferrable, royalty-free license, with the
right to sublicense, to use, copy, modify, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly display,
publicly perform, and otherwise exploit in any manner such User Content in all formats and
distribution channels now known or hereafter devised (including in connection with the Services and
Our business and on third-party sites and services), without further notice to or consent from you,
and without the requirement of payment to you or any other person or entity.
- We have the right to use any idea or suggestion that you make on our site or GoGet Platform in terms
of our Services and incorporate it into our intellectual property that we will own.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content
posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights,
or of their right to privacy. We will notify you as soon as reasonable possible on receipt of such
third party claim.
- We do not review User Content and are not involved in the actual transactions between the Owner and
the Renter. As most of the User Content on the GoGet Platform comes from other users, we do not
guarantee the accuracy of User Content or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of
what's offered. In no event do we accept liability of any description for the User Content of any
unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind
which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including without limitation any
transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give
rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not
comply with the content standards set out in this policy.
- The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
3. CONTENT STANDARDS
- These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site or any social
network site we may make available (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with
- You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to
each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Contributions must:
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the Republic of South Africa and in any country from
which they are posted.
- Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual
orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty
or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience
or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation
with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only)
copyright infringement or computer misuse.
4. CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this
page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of
the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices
published elsewhere on our site.