GoGet Adventure (Proprietary) Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This
policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us,
will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding
your personal information and how we will treat it. By visiting
, or any of our other
websites ("our site"), or by utilising our services you are accepting and consenting to the practices
described in this policy.
Reference to "consent", "your consent" or "your explicit consent" shall include the clicking of
"application" or "submit" button or "I agree" button on our site.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- We may collect and process the following information about you (which may include Personal
- Information you give us.
- You may provide us with information about you by filling in forms on our site or by
corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This may include instances where you provide us
with information when you complete a form to contact us, subscribe to our services, rental request,
participate in our social media forums on or linked to our site or complete a survey and when you
report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail
address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
- Credit or Debit Card Information: We may ask you to submit your credit or debit card
information to verify your bank account and to process a payment, however we will not store this
information ourselves on our servers. We work with a third-party provider for payment purposes
(PayFast), and save only a token they provide back to us, in order to guarantee the security of your
information and a third party service provider (Compuscan) that assist us to verify your bank
account where required;
- Information we collect about you. With each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect
the following information from you-
- Technical information: the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your
computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting,
browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. Note that an IP address is a set
of numbers which is assigned to the user's computer during a browsing session whenever the user logs
onto the Internet via the user's internet service provider or the user's network. Your IP address is
automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our site. We
do not use your IP address to identify you personally;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), services and/or gear you viewed
or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page
interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away
from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate
or the other services we provide; or
- where you have authorised a third party that we may collect information from selected
third parties (i.e. social networks and social plug-ins);
- Referrals from third parties;
Take note: the information will be shared internally and combined with information collected on our site or
that you have provided to us to enhance our services. We are also working closely with third parties
(including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services,
insurance brokers, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive
information about you from them - we do this to enable us to address your requirements.
which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to
determine the most popular areas of our site. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also
allow us to make our site more user friendly, for example, permanent cookies may allow us to save
your password so that you don't have to re-enter it every time you visit our site;
- You should be able to adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do
this, you will still be able to browse the site but the functions that allow you to access an
existing account or page that requires a username or password, will not be available. Or You can
adjust your browser to notify you when a website attempts to put a cookie on your computer. How you
adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type
of internet browser you use;
- Please remember, cookies do not contain personal information such as your home address, telephone
number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external
- We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our site.
3. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We will not sell your personal information.
- Information you give to us. We will use this information to -
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
(or selected third parties) and to provide you with the information and services that you request
from us or selected third parties;
- verify who you are (see below);
- provide you with information about other products or services we offer that are
similar to those that you have already acquired or enquired about;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about
products or services we feel may interest you;
- notify you about changes to our services;
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you
and for your computer; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our site or your
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information-
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data
analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner
for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose
to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others,
and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about
products or services that may interest you or them.
- Submission of Personal Information on behalf of another: Kindly take note that if you provide
information on behalf of someone else, then it is your responsibility to obtain the necessary
consent from such person/user before making the information available to us. On receipt of personal
information we assume that the necessary consent has been obtained and will process the personal
information as per your instructions. By submitting such personal information on behalf of another
person/user you indemnify us against any third party claim where a third party claim that personal
information has been processed without the necessary consent or other available exception by law.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries,
our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act, Act 71 of 2008.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including -
- Business partners, sub-contractors and insurance brokers for the performance of any
contract we enter into with them for purposes of our Services to you or you enter into with them as
per your selection. Our engagement with any third party will be under contract with specific
reference that your personal information must be managed on a confidential basis;
- We might make use of third parties to, amongst other things; verify authenticity of
information and/or data supplied by you or to verify validity of aforementioned data. These
relationships between us and all third parties are protected by strict contracts and certain service
levels. Data exchanged between us and third parties is kept to an absolute minimum, purely to
achieve the required action/intention of data validation and verification.
- Service providers that provide information processing services to us. In those
circumstances those third parties shall be required to enter into a non-disclosure agreement on no
information in accordance with our instructions.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve
relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to
our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (As an example,
we may inform them that 500 men, aged under 30, have clicked on their advertisement on any given
day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they
want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us
to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; or
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and
optimisation of our site (we do not disclose identifiable personal information to them);
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may
disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which
case personal information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to
comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our
particular site of ours or Terms and Conditions of supply of our services to you and other
agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of others. This may include
exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection
and credit risk reduction.
- We may share your information with other users when you submit a request to rent gear from another
user (Owner) or when you rent out your goods to another (Renter), we disclose certain personal
information of you to the other user. This only takes place subsequent to your instruction to submit
an order for the gear, or your instruction to accept the potential Renter's order. The information
provided are only information you made available to us;
- We will not share your billing and pay-out information with other users.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where
you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are
responsible for keeping this password safe and confidential. We ask that you not share this password
- The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside
of the Republic of South Africa ("RSA"); by submitting your personal information to us you agree
that we may act accordingly. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is
- Records of personal information will not be retained for longer that is necessary for operational or
archiving purposes for which the information was collected, unless retention of record is required
or authorised by law. Records of personal information may be retained for periods in excess of those
contemplated for historical, statistical or research purposes, subject to us establishing
appropriate safeguards against the records being used for any other purpose and or we have
de-identified the record(s).
- Despite our best efforts the transmission of information over the internet may not always be
completely secure. Although we will use appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational
measurements to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data
transmitted to our site or to any other location by electronic means and any transmission is at your
own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate and reasonable technical
and organisational measurements to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
- Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that we, our
directors or employees participate in are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy
policies held with each social media platform respectively.
- You are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage with them with due care
and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal information. PLEASE NOTE: We will never ask
for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users, wishing to
discuss sensitive details or to resolve issues/concerns, to contact us through primary communication
channels such as by telephone or email.
- Our social network page(s) may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media
platforms shorten lengthy URL's. You are advised to exercise caution and due care before clicking on
any shortened URL's published on social media platforms by this site. Despite our best efforts to
ensure that only genuine URL's are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and
hacking and therefore this site and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications
caused by visiting any shortened links.
7. INTERCEPTION AND MONITORING OF COMMUNICATIONS
We reserve the right to intercept, monitor, copy or block communications to and from our communications
facilities (including but not limited to our site, Portal, email, SMSs, etc.) in accordance with the
relevant provisions of the law.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
- Marketing - We assume that when you register for the GoGet services that you (as customer of GoGet)
would like to be informed of any product or services we offer from time to time. You have the right
to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, however you may miss out
on some awesome adventures. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing, free of charge,
informing us via the GoGet services or by contacting us at
or use the unsubscribe
functionality on our email communications.
- Third party websites/social media sites - Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from
the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of
these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not
accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you
submit any personal information to these websites.
- Access to information - You have a right to see/access your personal information kept by us. You may
instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you upon receipt of a written
request and possible payment of a fee as per the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 2 of
2000 (click here to access).
- You are also encouraged to use available controls and settings on your device to reflect your
(for attention of the Information Officer).